8.20.2006

Finger-lickin' Sauce


I can be completely obsessive about food. When I find a good thing, I easily fall into a rut with it. Here's the recipe for the peanut sauce I've been living off of all summer long. Please believe me when I say it goes well with nearly everything--Great over rice and vegetables/tofu, couscous, pasta, or as a salad dressing. Once, I even subbed it for pizza sauce on a vegetarian pie...{yum}! Beware, this recipe is full of intense flavor and a little goes a long way.

1/2 c vegetable broth
1/4 c chunky peanut butter (the natural kind without added sugar is best)
1/4 c low sodium soy sauce
3 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp rice vinegar (optional but a must for salad dressing)
2 tsp fresh peeled/grated ginger
2 tsp fresh minced garlic

Yield: a lot. Half the recipe if you're not serving more than 4 people.

No comments: