8.15.2006

First Steps: Hayes's Sneaker Game



For a city girl, I’m as low maintenance as they come. Had my television not been a gift, I simply would not have one. I don’t own new or vintage clothing. I’m actually genius at reinventing what I’ve always had and working what friends bless me with so that I can still hang out and look semi-cool. And I just may very well be the last person on the planet to get high-speed internet. {I swear I still had dial-up just last week}. So every time I look in Hayes’s closet, I cannot help but wonder what’s happening. Afterall, he’s got cooler kicks than I do...And he’s only been walking for 6 months! Here’s the line up:

Two pairs Nike Baby Force 1’s low tops (adorable)
Chuck Taylor’s (always a classic)
Slip-on Vans (skulls and crossbones, of course)
Puma 10’s (size 5 from the first days on the playground. I can’t wait to pull them out when he’s a size 9).

Alright, if I’m raising a future sneaker fiend with an overly particular taste for sweet kicks, then I can only hope that one day shoes will unite the world and bring peace and happiness to all of humanity.

No comments: