1.14.2008

NY Kids Club

Global warming is frightening, sad…and makes for a very comfortable winter. So go outside and play all you can before the snow comes, the city hibernates and you resort to entertaining your kid with the same lame arts and crafts activities that once amused you as a child.

Or skip the cabin fever induced melt down and add one more thing to your schedule: Check out NY Kids Club.




They have three NYC locations and one arriving this spring in BK.

Hayes and I were recently introduced to the Amsterdam Avenue location. It was merely an introduction—so I don’t have a good sense of what the classes are really like. But I did notice the following:

A large, enclosed play area with the carpeted, padded, springy floor I've always wanted for my daredevil child.

Lots of equipment [mostly gymnastics stuff].

A rock climbing wall. [Very cool]!

And a staff that speaks to kids in that high-pitched I’m-talking-to-a-iddle-biddy-baaaaby sing-songy way that I find extremely annoying. Though they were clearly from some strange baby planet, they were knowledgeable, attentive and friendly--which, I suppose, is what really matters.

We'll definitely be back before spring.

No comments: