8.27.2008

Shout out to Mrs. Frizzle!

Ok, I'm no Paris Hilton, but I think the science book Hayes found at a neighborhood flea market is just plain hard. It's not the vocabulary, it's the content. It's The Magic School Bus.

Anyone remember The Magic School Bus? (cricket. cricket). Ms. Frizzle? (cricket. cricket). PBS in the '80's?

I know. It's been a while since I've thought about science too--which is exactly why I bought the book... Well, and because Hayes wasn't taking no for an answer. Kid's will definitely make you pay for your sanity. But I digressed.

Hayes and I do a lot of cool covert science things like cooking and...let me see...does gardening count? Is that science? Well, my point exactly. I don't really do science. But I do understand that science is important. And just because I may not be knowledgeable enough to always point it out, ignorance doesn't get me off the hook. Hayes has got to learn about science and I'm the parent who must introduce it to him.

You know the story line: Ms. Frizzle takes her class on a science adventure on the magic school bus that, this time, turns itself into a steam shovel and digs way into the earth. They learn about rock layers, fossils, stalagmites, stalactites, metamorphic rocks, ingenious rocks, composite volcanoes, and all that other seriously hard science stuff that I just don't do!

Enough.

No comments: