10.20.2008

Conversations with Stacey

As you already know, I've been anxious to make an autumn to-do list to combat impending winter cabin fever. And I suppose it's coming along well, since the most recent activity I have added is to visit an orchard upstate with friends for apple picking and hay rides. Yes, I'm totally excited about it. But my friend Stacey, Kimani's mom, called me today with one of her bright ideas.

The conversation started when she claimed there is something exciting for us to do with the boys this fall. She mentioned that it costs seventy-five dollars before proceeding to give details about a cruise line along the Hudson that stops in upstate New York for a picnic lunch, then takes you to celebrate Octoberfest.

I was immediately turned off at the mention of Octoberfest. Only because I've never considered the beer guzzling crowd to be quality kid company. With that said, Stacey tried to sell me on the foliage by telling me that the leaves would just be sooooo pretty. That's when I thought to ask if the kids would be able to actually play in the leaves. The answer was no. And that is when I realized she meant that the leaves would be sooooo pretty to view--from the deck of a six-hour cruise ship!

Two toddlers trapped on an adult cruise ship for an entire day! Can you imagine the hell we would all experience? Oh! I can!

No comments: