10.27.2008

Kids or Curry?

Stacey and I are proof that three-year-olds aren't the only ones who can be easily distracted, obsessive and totally selfish. We can too!

For about a week, the plan has been to celebrate Stacey's new job, that now allows her a more flexible schedule, by taking the boys out for an exciting, new adventure today. We were hoping for a cool outside activity, but the damp weather spoiled those plans early.

So by the time we picked the boys up from school, we had settled on an old, familiar inside activity instead. It was sure to be a good time. But I couldn't stop thinking about food. Random, I know. But I was totally obsessed by the thought of sitting down to a table full of food that I didn't cook to feast on, uninterrupted, until I was completely satisfied. And since Stacey is always open to the power of persuasion, and is as easily distracted as I am, it didn't take long before she was co-signing the idea.

So, like the self-absorbed mama I am--and that Stacey is working on becoming, we ditched our plans with the kids (actually, we ditched the kids altogether) and went out for Indian. But like the famished and tired mamas we are, we sat across the table from one another in near silence scarfing down the alu motor gobi and vegetable curry dishes we ordered.

In the end, we agreed the time spent in hedonistic hush was a refreshing change from spending another hectic evening out with the kids.

No comments: