10.24.2008

Much Ado About Bugs

No doubt, one of the cooler things about being a blogger is getting free stuff in the mail. Well, recently, the good people at Lifeway Organic sent Hayes a package of Probugs Organic Soy Kefir. This was after a package of the whole milk snack pack arrived just the day before. But, of course, since Hayes is vegan, the whole milk pack went to his good friend Kimani. This was a perfect gift for Kimani because Lifeway is convinced that Probugs is liked by even the pickiest eaters. And Kimani, as much as we love him, is the pickiest eater there is.

A few days later, Kimani's mom announced that he had tried it, hated it and didn't want to touch it again. So, I rest my case. Hayes, in typical fashion, loved it. (Though I'm not completely sure that the soy milk drink is actually vegan since the label says it contains soy and milk).

So, since I am very easily amused, I decided to sit Hayes and Kimani down to ask them a few important questions about their very different Probugs experience. Here's the official interview, complete with my thoughts:

Me: So, what did the Probugs drink taste like, guys?

Hayes: It tasted like summer and it had a little fire, but it was sweet. (Interesting).

Kimani: I didn't like it. And then I did. And then I tried it. And then it was my favorite thing. (Promising).

Me: And would you like to drink Probugs again?

Hayes: Yeah! (Cool).

Kimani: Yeah! (Really cool).

Me: Do you think the Probugs was good for your body?

Hayes: It was just crawling through me. (Huh)?

Kimani: It was good. But then I didn't like it. (What)?

Clearly, the not-so-cool thing about being a blogger is trying to craft a solid story out of an interview with a couple of very silly three year olds.

But on the other hand, maybe Lifeway is totally right about Probugs. Maybe.

No comments: